The Preparation English for Academic Purposes (PEAP) is a course dedicated to students who wish to study English before entering higher education. Students who are not yet strong enough to take the EAP course have to option of taking PEAP.
12 weeks of intense study is recommended for PEAP students before entering the EAP course.
Students will learn:
- Skills and tasks that are useful for taking exams and studying on university programmes.
- Writing: how to write academic essays with an introduction that includes a thesis statement, development of main paragraphs, and convincing conclusions;
- Speaking: how to make presentations and participate in seminar discussions;
- Reading: how to strategically read, quote, cite and reference source material;
- Listening: improve listening and note taking skills, including special sessions with live lectures from ICL Graduate Business School;
- Academic language: improve grammatical structures and extend academic vocabulary;
- Critical thinking and reflective journal writing.
Internal Test Week: for students who are ready, there will be the opportunity to take the internal test at the end of the course (Conditions apply).
The Pre-EAP course is an intensive programme: a combination of hard work and support from dedicated teachers will help you advance rapidly.
Regular feedback based on test results and class participation will enable you to monitor your progress throughout the course.
Open hour 15:00 – 16:00 every Tuesday and Thursday, during which time you can do self-study, participate in one-on-one sessions with your teacher or attend workshops to focus on improving language ability and accuracy.
Available from Pre-Intermediate level / IELTS 4.0 / CEFR A2.
Maximum class size: 18
Any Monday. However, it is good if you can join near the start of any four-week cycle.
Flexible. However, there are four-week cycles of Internal Testing built within a twelve-week Academic English syllabus.